    the laptop.

    Thanx,
    AD
    Ad, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Ad wrote:
    > I have a laptop and which to connect to my ADSL connection wirelessly so I
    > can move around the house with laptop and remain connected.
    >
    > The problem I have is I have a Belkin 54G pcimcia card
    > and all the wireless routers connect to the ADSL modem with a RJ45
    > connection but my modem is USB only.
    >
    > I only want to connect to the internet not network other pc's as I only have
    > the laptop.
    >
    > Thanx,
    > AD

    You can't use a wireless NIC without some sort of wireless hub or router;
    the DSL modem has no way of receiving that wireless "signal".

    -- DE
    Tergiversative, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Ad

    nemo2 Guest

    That not strictly true, the Netgear FM114P is a wireless access point
    (plus much more) with a DSL WAN port. The only problem is that the OP
    has ADSL not DSL.

    He could use the 54G equivalent of the FM114P (FMW114P???) and a DM602
    ADSL modem, but it's a bit over the top for what the OP wants.

    Regards

    nemo2

    nemo2, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Ad