    MN-500 in Bridge mode = Xbox
    Tivo

    Off the symbol I have 2 laptops
    =?Utf-8?B?VGhlQmlnRG9n?=, Oct 22, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlQmlnRG9n?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Nope you can not do this way.

    A Wireless Hardware in Bridge mode can not "Talk" to an AP in regular
    Gateway mode.

    If the MN-500 cab be configured in Client Mode than it will work otherwise
    you have to get something like the Linksys WET54GS5,

    More about Wireless Modes here: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "TheBigDog" <> wrote in message
    > I currently have a wireless network (11b). I want to add my Xbox and Tivo

    > the network but don't want to run cable for it. I have a MN-500 wireless
    > router than can be put into bridge mode.
    >
    > Can I connect my Xbox and Tivo to the MN-500 and use the wireless back to

    my
    > Symbol access point? My Netscreen Firewall / Router is providing DHCP.
    > Below is the current connectifity. Double lines are wirled, single lines

    are

    Jack, Oct 23, 2004

  3. Thanks Jack...I was just hoping I could do away with buying something else.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGhlQmlnRG9n?=, Oct 24, 2004