    connection .... someone can hel me ?
    Thanx in advance

    Emanuele

    EB Soluzioni Informatiche, Nov 17, 2007

  2. HI
    If you have a Router you should treat the VPC as an individual computer with
    its own IP that would be acquired from the Router, No need for ICS or
    Bridging.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "EB Soluzioni Informatiche" <ebPUNTOsoluzioni@libetoPUNTOit> wrote in
    message news:...

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 17, 2007

  3. Hi

    OK you are talking about NAT ?
    I'm using Virtual Box, i can usa NAT and all computers (real and
    Virtual) can connect to internet .... but with same IP.

    Using Bridge i can use two different IPs and i can access to the virtual
    computer with explorer by real computer.

    When i used VPC (and i had Home Edition [Not Supported by VPC] instaleld
    on Real Machine) i saw the same things.

    For now thanx for your answer, if you have other suggests i'm here 8)))

    Emanuele

    EB Soluzioni Informatiche, Nov 18, 2007
  4. EB Soluzioni Informatiche

    Pavel A. Guest

    "EB Soluzioni Informatiche" wrote:

    > Hi All
    > I' Have a problem ... opps ... two problem ...
    > first problem is that my english is very scolastic, so my sentences
    > could be erroneous ...

    Don't worry about this, we all may have to learn Chinese pretty soon

    > Second problem is about use of bridge device on windows xp
    >
    > I have a virtual machine (with windows xp home installed) in my windows
    > xp pro.
    > I defined a virtual device for my virtual machine
    > To use virtual machile in network i create a bridge from ethernet card
    > and virtual card, all thing wotk correctly ....
    > But when my computer (is a Notebook with wireless card inside) is
    > connected to my network with wireless card i've tryed the same thing
    > bridging wireless card with virtua card ... but this causa the loss of
    > connection .... someone can hel me ?

    Do you use VMware or MS Virtual PC?
    If VMware: please look in their FAQ, knowledge base, and forums.
    If VPC: please ask in microsoft.public.virtualpc.

    Usually you can not bridge a guest virtual adapter directly to a host
    wireless adapter. Instead, NAT is recommended - but it has it's known
    problems.
    The reason is simple: wireless adapters are not Ethernet, so naive L2
    bridging may fail. L3 bridging may work.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Nov 18, 2007
  5. Thanks!