    and secondary office are separated by a house that faces sideways, therefore
    creating half a block or so of distance.

    Robert

    Robert, Jul 12, 2007

  2. Robert

    Barb Bowman Guest

    a block can be different lengths in different locales. recently I've
    seen a few folks use product from http://www.cantenna.com/ - some
    people build their own.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Jul 12, 2007

  3. Hi
    Most WIFI equpment can go 1000' or more if there total clear line of site
    and at least one of the devices is fitted with High Gain Directional
    Antenna. If you do not have direct line of site there is No way to know
    unless you try.
    I would use this High Power Router and fit it with 15dbi directional Antenna
    in order to try.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833162134
    Wireless Bridging - http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html
    Hi Gain Antenna - http://www.ezlan.net/antennae.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 12, 2007
  4. Robert

    Barb Bowman Guest

    I should add that the cantenna (or similar high power antennas) can
    connect to a variety of wireless APs/bridges.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Jul 12, 2007