    dont look that bad....even pile of crap, avoid like the plague!

    regards

    Thing
    thing2, Jul 22, 2005

  2. thing2

    Nova Guest

    thing2 wrote:
    > I need a new keyboard as my "e" is worn out....
    >
    > any recommendations? A USB keyboard is $70 alone, so wireless combos
    > dont look that bad....even pile of crap, avoid like the plague!
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    what do you mean usb keyboards are $70?
    I just bought a usb keyboard for $13.00 an atech one
    Nova, Jul 22, 2005

  3. thing2

    thing2 Guest

    Nova wrote:
    > thing2 wrote:
    >
    >> I need a new keyboard as my "e" is worn out....
    >>
    >> any recommendations? A USB keyboard is $70 alone, so wireless combos
    >> dont look that bad....even pile of crap, avoid like the plague!
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Thing
    >>

    > what do you mean usb keyboards are $70?
    > I just bought a usb keyboard for $13.00 an atech one

    Sorry, "Real" Mac USB keyboards are around $70.

    regards

    Thing
    thing2, Jul 22, 2005
  4. thing2

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:58:32 +1200, thing2 wrote:

    > Nova wrote:
    >> thing2 wrote:
    >>
    >>> I need a new keyboard as my "e" is worn out....
    >>>
    >>> any recommendations? A USB keyboard is $70 alone, so wireless combos
    >>> dont look that bad....even pile of crap, avoid like the plague!
    >>>
    >>> regards
    >>>
    >>> Thing
    >>>

    >> what do you mean usb keyboards are $70?
    >> I just bought a usb keyboard for $13.00 an atech one

    > Sorry, "Real" Mac USB keyboards are around $70.

    So have MAc back back into Scotland, and get into the cheaper stuff. Irony
    here is that Scots like a bargin.
    Gordon, Jul 22, 2005
  5. In article <>,
    thing2 <> wrote:

    >I need a new keyboard as my "e" is worn out....

    That would have sounded more authentic if it was

    I nd a nw kyboard as my "" is worn out...

    :)
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 22, 2005
  6. In article <>,
    thing2 <> wrote:

    > I need a new keyboard as my "e" is worn out....
    >
    > any recommendations? A USB keyboard is $70 alone, so wireless combos
    > dont look that bad....even pile of crap, avoid like the plague!

    One of the OEM manufacturers ?Logitech ?Kensington makes a dual platform
    keyboard at a more reasonable price. Don't know how long the 'e' will
    last. I've seen them at Noel Lemming.

    --

    Chas Right
    Charlie Right, Jul 22, 2005
  7. thing2

    thingy Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > thing2 <> wrote:
    >

    >>I need a new keyboard as my "e" is worn out....

    > That would have sounded more authentic if it was
    >
    > I nd a nw kyboard as my "" is worn out...
    >
    > :)

    Heh, Im on Linux not my Mac at the Mo.

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jul 22, 2005
  8. thing2

    thingy Guest

    Charlie Right wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > thing2 <> wrote:
    >

    >>I need a new keyboard as my "e" is worn out....
    >>
    >>any recommendations? A USB keyboard is $70 alone, so wireless combos
    >>dont look that bad....even pile of crap, avoid like the plague!

    > One of the OEM manufacturers ?Logitech ?Kensington makes a dual platform
    > keyboard at a more reasonable price. Don't know how long the 'e' will
    > last. I've seen them at Noel Lemming.

    Thanks, so far Ive found a Belkin combo at $100, and Magnum Mac do them
    at $120 each plus GST. $250+ seems a bit rich even for genuine Apple
    stuff...

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jul 22, 2005
  9. thing2

    David Preece Guest

    thing2 wrote:
    > any recommendations? A USB keyboard is $70 alone

    You can use generic USB keyboards on a mac just fine. The windows key
    maps to command :)

    Dave
    David Preece, Jul 22, 2005
  10. In article <42e16f61$>,
    David Preece <> wrote:

    >You can use generic USB keyboards on a mac just fine. The windows key
    >maps to command :)

    I don't see how that would work, since the command key is a modifier
    key, and the windows key is not.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 23, 2005
  11. thing2

    Richard Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <42e16f61$>,
    > David Preece <> wrote:
    >

    >>You can use generic USB keyboards on a mac just fine. The windows key
    >>maps to command :)

    > I don't see how that would work, since the command key is a modifier
    > key, and the windows key is not.

    Windows key is a modifier, and in any case, all USB keyboards do is send a list
    of keys that are down at any given time, quite different from how a PS/2
    keyboard works which is why the adaptors between the 2 generally suck.
    Richard, Jul 23, 2005
  12. thing2

    Rob J Guest

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:18:35 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In article <42e16f61$>,
    > David Preece <> wrote:
    >
    >>You can use generic USB keyboards on a mac just fine. The windows key
    >>maps to command :)

    >I don't see how that would work, since the command key is a modifier
    >key, and the windows key is not.

    Actually, it is. There are a number of command sequences using the
    Windows key along with other keys.
    Rob J, Jul 27, 2005