    in about six hours on this and I'm where the title of this post suggests.

    Isn't there a simple way to have these two computers recognize each other?

    Thanks in advance.

    pubscout, Apr 14, 2008

  2. pubscout

    pubscout Guest

    Did as you suggested, TP, but no results. I looked for the shared folder in
    My Network Places and it wasn't there. If I went to "add a network place" it
    told me that the folder was unavailable.

    pubscout, Apr 14, 2008

  3. pubscout

    pubscout Guest

    TP,

    Voila! I think I've managed to connect the PC's so each can access the
    other's files. Here's what I did:

    I went to Network Connections and clicked "Create a new connection." The New
    Connection Wizard appears. Click "Next."

    Click "Set up an advanced Connection."
    Click "Connect directly to another computer." Click next
    Click Host. Click Next
    Click Next again
    Be sure "Guest" is checked. Click Next.

    When you finish, you should see a new connection under the heading "Incoming."

    Warning: all computers have to be on and running to share; they cannot be on
    standby or hibernate.

    pubscout, Apr 15, 2008