Wireless autorisation

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Feb 13, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi,

    I was wondering if someone can help me out with the following.
    I have a wireless network which is the gateway to the Internet at home.
    I also have a restaurant which is 200 meters from my house and employ a
    small harbor for about 100 boats.
    So I bought an antenna wich has a 400 meters range.
    This works fine and a really good coverage. But some (not costumers) people
    abused it
    What I want to do is give my costumers free access to the Internet when they
    are visiting the restaurant and/or harbor.
    So what I was thing about to give them access with somekind of autorisation.
    Preffered would be that nothing would be installed on the client computers.
    I know I can control it by MAC adresses in the router but that's to
    complicated. Also by WEP is not preffered (when the key is known the
    security is gone).
    So what I was thinking to give them a username and password and a time limit
    the account can be used.
    For example make a pc as a wireless router, authorisation software on it to
    control the access?
    Does someknow if there is a solution for suchs?

    Regards and thanks in advange.
    -r-o-e-v-k-a-

    Guest, Feb 13, 2005

  2. d-link has a solution for you. Check out the following products.

    http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=402
    http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=282

    Robert Jacobs, Feb 13, 2005