    I've tried rebooting and restarting modem/laptop but it doesn't seem to help.
    Any ideas?
    THanks
    =?Utf-8?B?c3Nha2h0YXIwMF8=?=, Feb 20, 2006

  2. I am having the same problem. My hard cable works but when I use the Wireless
    it says I'm connected to the network but won't access the Internet. It did
    work a few months ago but now doesn't. I downloaded an updated driver but
    that didn't help either so you're not the only one with a problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF3bGVlbg==?=, Feb 20, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?c3Nha2h0YXIwMF8=?=

    Ted Guest

    "dawleen" <> wrote in message
    >I am having the same problem. My hard cable works but when I use the
    >Wireless
    > it says I'm connected to the network but won't access the Internet. It did
    > work a few months ago but now doesn't. I downloaded an updated driver but
    > that didn't help either so you're not the only one with a problem.

    No real solutions but a couple things you can try. Disconnect the power to
    your wireless router for a couple of minutes. Then plug it back in.
    Sometimes gets the connection going again. Another one to try is to go into
    Services and stop your Wireless Zero Configuration and then restart it.
    Hopefully one of these will get you going again.
    Ted
    Ted, Feb 20, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c3Nha2h0YXIwMF8=?=

    James Gockel Guest

    Since you're saying it's not sending or receiving, I think something else is
    at play here.
    But the first thing you want to try is logging onto the router itself... see
    if the issue is at your computer or at the router. open internet explorer
    and type http://(your gateway's adress Normally 192.168.?.1)
    If you can't get there, its probably your computer. You'll need to check
    your wireless settings and make sure everything is set properly.
    Right clicking on your wireless icon, and selecting repair should clear any
    routing or arp problems.

    If everything else doesnt work, you'll probably need to replace the wireless
    card. My father had a wireless card that just stopped working a few weeks
    ago. Then he realized, he doesnt even use it.
    If this is too complicated you'll probably need someone who know's what they
    are doing to look at it and fix it.
    -James G.

    James Gockel, Feb 21, 2006
  5. Re: Wireless appears to be connected..but doesn't actually send/re

    Thank you - I don't use the card at home ( where I am right now) so will have
    to wait until I'm visiting my family to try the solution you've suggested.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF3bGVlbg==?=, Feb 22, 2006
  6. Re: Wireless appears to be connected..but doesn't actually send/re

    Thank you. D

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF3bGVlbg==?=, Feb 22, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?c3Nha2h0YXIwMF8=?=

    James Gockel Guest

    In your case, I'd try reseting the router. Generally by pressing the little
    button on the back, you may need a pen or somthing to push it.
    In this case you'll have to setup the router again...
    Your router's security may have been comprimised, and you're just the but
    end of a hack... which can be a teenager with a laptop scanning for networks
    and changing security settings. After you've reset your router, try reading
    this page and follow her instructions.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/bowman_05february10.mspx

    -James G.

    James Gockel, Feb 22, 2006