Wireless and Wired Connections

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by travo, Jun 8, 2010.

  1. travo

    travo

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    basically I have a wired and wireless network.
    the wired is much faster but with limited bandwidth and goes down a few times a month
    the wireless has unlimited bandwidth and has never went down once.

    I have 2 computers I use.

    1 is my main xp running vista on the wired connection through a router then modem.

    2 in my server/backup xp pc that is wired to the wired network and wirelessly connected to the wireless network.

    what I want to do, is have the pc 2 to download large amounts of bandwidth through the wireless connection as its primary network and be connected to the wired network as a 'backup' so if the wired network goes down, pc 2 will broadcast internet to the wired network.
    So basically if my wired network goes down on pc 1 then I will still get internet through the wireless via pc 2.

    I have no clue if parts or none of this is possible and no clue where to start.
    Thank you and any help is appreciated.

    travo, Jun 8, 2010