Wireless AND wired ad hoc, no internet

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by JR, Jul 28, 2004.

  1. JR

    JR Guest

    yes, this must be possible.
    I suggest using a wireless hub downstairs to serve the
    Wifi PC's with the access point part and with a CAT5 wire
    plugged in to the hub for the new building.
    This will avoid problems trying to "bridge" the Wifi and
    wired network in your downstairs computer.
    Hope it helps!

    got dumb... Please bear with me. I have two towers with
    in 50 feet of each other in same building. I was planning
    on getting two wri-fi cards and ad hocing them. I have
    another tower about 100 feet away in a new building.
    There is cat5 e run between the buildings. All computers
    run XP Home.

    >Question: Can I ad-hoc all three, two on wireless, two

    wired? Such that:

    >a=upstairs, wi-fi
    >b=downstairs, wi-fi & wired
    >c=new building, wired
    >
    >Will A be able to connect with B for file sharing, and

    maybe some network gaming?

    >I don't need to involve internet sharing, as all have a

    seperate dialup connection.

    JR, Jul 28, 2004