wireless ADSL router recommendations

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Max Mustermann, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. Max Mustermann, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Max Mustermann

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <>,
    Max Mustermann <> wrote:

    > US Robotics 9106, Sureconnect ADSL modem, Router, External, True Firewall,
    > 4-Port 10/100Mbps Switch, 802.11b/g Wireless
    > http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=119687
    >
    > Linksys WAG54G, ADSL Router, Firewall, 4-Port, 10/100Mbps Switch, 802.11b/g
    > Wireless
    > http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=127846

    I have a WAG54G and it is a dog.
    Just got the latest firmware (beta release ?) as the one it was supplied
    with did not issue IP numbers via DHCP over the wireless.
    And the wireless drops out every 2-40 minutes for no known reason, this
    requires it to be reset or the power cycled to get it back up.
    whoisthis, Jul 14, 2004

  3. Max Mustermann

    Dogg Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:38:27 +1200, whoisthis <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Max Mustermann <> wrote:
    >
    >> US Robotics 9106, Sureconnect ADSL modem, Router, External, True Firewall,
    >> 4-Port 10/100Mbps Switch, 802.11b/g Wireless
    >> http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=119687
    >>
    >> Linksys WAG54G, ADSL Router, Firewall, 4-Port, 10/100Mbps Switch, 802.11b/g
    >> Wireless
    >> http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=127846
    >>

    >I have a WAG54G and it is a dog.
    >Just got the latest firmware (beta release ?) as the one it was supplied
    >with did not issue IP numbers via DHCP over the wireless.
    >And the wireless drops out every 2-40 minutes for no known reason, this
    >requires it to be reset or the power cycled to get it back up.

    Okay..I read this AFTER I posted. I've had issues with port forwarding
    but not with the above. However, when a quick google shows this many
    issues.....

    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=205861&p=-1
    Dogg, Jul 19, 2004