    I hope somebody in UK using Bulldog and wireless ADSL can reply to let
    me know whether it is time to vote with my feet and take my business
    somewhere else!
    John, Nov 10, 2005

  2. John

    Kevin Guest

    I'm not in the UK, I'm in the US but I do know that some providers have a
    proprietary modem that is set up for their service only. My previous
    service with Qwest/MSN Broadband required the use of their modem only. This
    may be the case for you. Ask the folks at Bulldog if this is so.

    Kevin, Nov 10, 2005

  3. John

    Joan Archer Guest

    I'm not with Bulldog but have spoken to someone who is and their reply is
    that it is not a problem with Bulldog as you can connect using their
    modem. Instead you should look to US Robotics or the store who sold you
    the modem.
    Another thing you could check is if you have a firewall that is blocking
    the connection.
    See if anything here helps
    Joan

    Joan Archer, Nov 11, 2005
  4. John

    Joan Archer Guest

    Just have a bit more info to add to my last post my friend just sent me
    this hope it helps.
    Joan

    I meant to include this URL with my earlier post.
    http://www.usr-emea.com/support/s-prod-template.asp?loc=mest&prod=9108

    The poster needs to check out either or both of "I can't access the
    Internet" and "My wireless connection can not access the Internet" in the
    Troubleshooting section in the middle of the page.

    Joan Archer, Nov 11, 2005
  5. John

    Guest

    We signed up, got a working phone & broadband for 1 week. After that
    the
    phone was dead along with the broadband.

    After being left on hold far longer than anyone would appreciate, we
    were promised that it would be fixed by a given date, the dates came
    and went, and still no fix, this happened 4 times. After that we
    switched back to the BT phone line.

    We are still waiting for a refund from bulldog, and have now been
    without a phone and broadband for 6 weeks -

    Great, job thanks bulldog.

    Quite posibly the worst ISP I've ever had the misfortune to deal with
    , Nov 16, 2005
  6. John

    Guest

    On 16-Nov-2005, wrote:

    > We are still waiting for a refund from bulldog, and have now been
    > without a phone and broadband for 6 weeks -
    >
    > Great, job thanks bulldog.
    >
    > Quite posibly the worst ISP I've ever had the misfortune to deal with

    Complain to Ofcom, they are dealing with Bulldog issues, and
    quite are communicative to the public. Like you get a sensible
    reply, but that may be all you get, not sure what teeth they
    have behind the scenes.
    , Nov 16, 2005