    home network I created.

    This never happened before with the same setup, so what have I done wrong?

    Thanks for any advice.
    Luis Ortega, Mar 2, 2008

  2. Hi
    You probably have a problem with Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC)
    working at the same time and conflicting.
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 2, 2008

  3. Luis Ortega

    Luis Ortega Guest

    Thanks.
    I tried turning the zero config service off but that made no difference.
    I noticed that the wireless adapter icon would not appear in the system tray
    so I reinstalled the software and the icon reappeared in the system tray and
    now it connects automatically when the computer starts.
    Now if I can only figure out how to create my network so that I can share
    files and printers among the PC and Macs in the house.

    Luis Ortega, Mar 3, 2008
  4. Hi
    Sorry I can Not help you with MAC.
    The Windows part is in the following.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 4, 2008
  5. Luis Ortega

    Luis Ortega Guest

    Thanks,
    I got the two Windows installations (the PC and the Win XP running on the
    Mac) up and sharing printers and files, but I have no idea how to get the
    computers to share files and printers when the Mac is running in OSX.
    I'm a newbie on the Mac but have 10 years experience building and running
    Windows PCs, so it's understandable that I don't yet have a clue what's
    going on.
    People tell me that it is possible with my setup but I haven't figured it
    out yet.

    Luis Ortega, Mar 4, 2008