Wireless Adapters

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?c2F2bmgybw==?=, Jan 20, 2006.

  1. Does anyone know of an adapter for W64 in a wireless network? Linksys does
    not offer anything for 64.

    =?Utf-8?B?c2F2bmgybw==?=, Jan 20, 2006

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jan 20, 2006

  3. Chances are you will not find an adapter that works. No manufacturer is
    creating drivers for their devices that are older than what is in the
    marketplace right now. That's right - if you bought a new printer last year,
    you will probably NOT find drivers for it. Do not let Charlie Russel or any
    other shiv at MS convince you that all of the trouble is worth it. There is
    NO benefit to use xp64 for the average consumer. The only benefit is for
    developers and curiosity seekers. Unless you have purchased programs that
    are written to take advantage of the 64 bit platform, or plan to buy all new
    periferals, then stick with xp86.

    =?Utf-8?B?am9lYmVybGU=?=, Jan 22, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c2F2bmgybw==?=

    Rick Guest

    For those intelligent enough to know how to use a computer, there are
    quite a few wireless adapters that currently have win x64 (64-bit)
    drivers. Most are on the hardware vendors' site and you will find some
    Beta drivers at: www.PlanetAMD.com and some other places, too.

    You just have to be able to read and navigate through menus.

    Rick, Jan 22, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?c2F2bmgybw==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 06:46:03 -0800, "joeberle"
    <> wrote:

    >Do not let Charlie Russel or any
    >other shiv at MS convince you that all of the trouble is worth it. There is
    >NO benefit to use xp64 for the average consumer.

    On ya! Then don't buy it. It's as simple as that.
    I am sure that the OP can figure that one out for himself,
    after all, why should we trust you, instead of Andre or Charlie?

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jan 23, 2006