    DLSheppard Guest

    Wireless adapter missing from Device manager and Wireless connection missing
    from Control Panel and anyone help????

    DLSheppard, Mar 9, 2008

  2. DLSheppard

    DLSheppard Guest

    So that anyone reading this knows the detail to maybe give me hand here, I
    signed into my laptop one afternoon and the wireless connection had a red "x"
    on it. I had manually enabled it one other time, but I went to the device
    manager and uninstalled the wireless adapter by accident. Since then I have
    not seen anything wireless on here. I have tried "PCRecovery" reinstalling
    the driver and downloaded drivers from the HP website, but nothing has worked
    yet....I appreciate any information anyone might have....

    DLSheppard, Mar 9, 2008

  3. "DLSheppard" <> wrote in message

    > So that anyone reading this knows the detail to maybe give me hand here, I
    > signed into my laptop one afternoon and the wireless connection had a red

    "x"
    > on it. I had manually enabled it one other time, but I went to the device
    > manager and uninstalled the wireless adapter by accident. Since then I

    have
    > not seen anything wireless on here.

    Consult your hardware manual first.
    When any device is enabled (available) in BIOS
    settings, and/or BIOS is set to recognize Plug & Play
    devices, Windows is supposed to notice at bootup
    any device that lacks (software) drivers and prompt
    you to instal them. If this does not happen, it
    suggests your wireless circuitry has been damaged.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    Don Phillipson, Mar 9, 2008
  4. DLSheppard

    DLSheppard Guest

    DLSheppard, Mar 9, 2008
  5. DLSheppard <> wrote:
    > "Don Phillipson" wrote:
    >
    >> "DLSheppard" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> So that anyone reading this knows the detail to maybe give me hand
    >>> here, I signed into my laptop one afternoon and the wireless
    >>> connection had a red

    >> "x"
    >>> on it. I had manually enabled it one other time, but I went to the
    >>> device manager and uninstalled the wireless adapter by accident.
    >>> Since then I

    >> have
    >>> not seen anything wireless on here.

    >> Consult your hardware manual first.
    >> When any device is enabled (available) in BIOS
    >> settings, and/or BIOS is set to recognize Plug & Play
    >> devices, Windows is supposed to notice at bootup
    >> any device that lacks (software) drivers and prompt
    >> you to instal them. If this does not happen, it
    >> suggests your wireless circuitry has been damaged.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Don Phillipson
    >> Carlsbad Springs
    >> (Ottawa, Canada)
    >>

    >> Thank you, Don. I was beginning to think along those lines, but
    >> needed to hear it from someone else. Now what to do??? My display on
    >> this laptop, when I open or close it has started to buckel in the
    >> lower left hand corner...I think it is about to break. The wireless
    >> LAN went out short before it got this bad. Right now I leave it open
    >> all the time because I do not want to break it all the way. I
    >> downloaded the manuals from HP so I can see the way it is put
    >> together, but I am really apprehensive about trying to look inside.

    If you have a hardware problem with the laptop, I suggest you call HP and
    find out what your support/warranty/repair options are. It's entirely likely
    that your wireless problem is related to this - and the case problem sure
    won't get better on its own!

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Mar 9, 2008
  6. Hi
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 10, 2008
  7. DLSheppard

    DLSheppard Guest

    I also have a "ghost adapter" in my device manager. When I try to uninstall
    it, a message comes up that says, " Failed to unistall the device. The device
    may be required to boot the computer". I know I put it in there somehow but
    don't know what that is all about....

    DLSheppard, Mar 11, 2008