    In general, is it best to purchase a USB adapter or PCMCIA card? I haven't
    really found any good reviews comparing the two.

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?TUdyaWZm?=, Jun 23, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TUdyaWZm?=

    Dave Guest

    these days its probably best to have it built in to the machine and not need
    a separate adapter.

    Dave, Jun 23, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TUdyaWZm?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    May be this can Help.

    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#wcard

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jun 24, 2005
  4. The usual recommendation is a PCMCIA card for a laptop - no wires ;). Built
    in is nice as will if your laptop manufacturer has one that can be added to
    your model. If you expect to use the adapter on a desktop machine or move
    the adapter between a desktop and a laptop then a USB adapter should be
    considered.

    newsgroup purposes only.

    Jim Seifert [MSFT], Jun 24, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TUdyaWZm?=

    Jim Howard Guest

    Having done a lot of testing with laptops in my work writing wifi software,
    I find that PCMCIA is better for a laptop that does not have built in WiFi.
    A USB dongle can be a hassel if you ever move your laptop, or use it in your
    lap.

    Jim Howard

    Jim Howard, Jun 30, 2005