    programming floating around out there that would have done this and
    might still reside on the computer and that needs to be removed?
    Thanks...... Her machine is a Viso laptop Windows XP Professional.

    heidipups, Dec 28, 2006

  2. heidipups

    David Hettel Guest

    Well it is possible that she has picked up a virus. It's also possible that
    un-installing has left your registry in a mixed up state. Have you run a
    virus check on her computer? Have you run a registry cleaner? Have you tried
    downloading the driver from the maker of her machine? It sounds like you are
    installing a generic driver from Intel.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Dec 28, 2006

  3. heidipups

    heidipups Guest

    Before I un-installed the wireless software I had the problem with the
    registry and the sound and the dependancy file being absent.
    She was running Norton Anti-virus when this occured.
    I've installed BHO Demon (fixed two issues) and ran that, NoADWARE
    (fixed several things) ran that, RegistryFix (found and fixed 500+
    issues). The driver I installed from Intel was the driver that was
    installed prior to this is is 3945ABG. What would you mean by generic?
    ... No I didn't install the Viso driver/adapter it wasn't being used
    if that one exists. She is a Purdue student and normally uses the
    ethernet and some wireless.

    heidipups, Dec 28, 2006
  4. heidipups

    David Hettel Guest

    Each computer manufacture takes the Intel Driver and modifies it for their
    hardware, for some that means very little and for others that can mean a
    lot. Some will add additional software that enhances the operation on their
    computers. The 3945ABG hardware, can be modified by the firmware loaded into
    it, and how it is mapped into the memory of the computer.

    Just connecting to an unsecure network would not do what you are reporting,
    their maybe other issues with her computer, from a hard drive failing,
    thereby deleting some program, to a virus in her computer. To her attempting
    to repair or remove something and causing the problem.

    David Hettel, Dec 28, 2006