    details: host ip(wireless conn.) : 192.168.0.1
    client ip: 192.168.0.65
    pls help me out...
    =?Utf-8?B?YXVkZ3V5?=, May 29, 2007

  2. Have you enabled the ICS? This how to may help,

    How to setup Windows ICSWindows 2000 supports both Network Address Translation (NAT) and Internet Confection Shading (ICS) al1ow workgroup users to access to the Internet. ...
    http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/ics.htm

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "audguy" <> wrote in message news:...
    i have successfully connected my two laptops at my home using wireless ad hoc.
    they see each other with 'excellent' strength.
    one of them is connected to internet through 100mbps LAN. but im unable to
    access internet from the other laptop. both of them are running xp pro.
    Robert L [MVP - Networking], May 29, 2007

  3. oh thnx to be so quick....
    yes ..ive enabled ics...its showing my host as internet gateway...even the
    packets
    but still am not able to connect to the internet....

    =?Utf-8?B?YXVkZ3V5?=, May 29, 2007
  4. one more thing...is there anything called default connection...
    because i have one more lan connection (the one i used for direct connection
    to lan) but i have disabled it.

    =?Utf-8?B?YXVkZ3V5?=, May 29, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?YXVkZ3V5?=

    Lem Guest

    audguy wrote:
    > one more thing...is there anything called default connection...
    > because i have one more lan connection (the one i used for direct connection
    > to lan) but i have disabled it.
    >

    > "Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:
    >
    >> Have you enabled the ICS? This how to may help,
    >>
    >> How to setup Windows ICSWindows 2000 supports both Network Address Translation (NAT) and Internet Confection Shading (ICS) al1ow workgroup users to access to the Internet. ...
    >> http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/ics.htm
    >>

    >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >> "audguy" <> wrote in message news:...
    >> i have successfully connected my two laptops at my home using wireless ad hoc.
    >> they see each other with 'excellent' strength.
    >> one of them is connected to internet through 100mbps LAN. but im unable to
    >> access internet from the other laptop. both of them are running xp pro.
    >> details: host ip(wireless conn.) : 192.168.0.1
    >> client ip: 192.168.0.65
    >> pls help me out..

    Check for firewalls.

    If you have installed Windows Live OneCare, see
    "Computers that share an Internet connection through an Internet
    Connection Sharing-enabled computer can no longer access that shared
    connection after you install Windows Live OneCare"
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914461/en-us

    How to turn on or turn off the firewall in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283673/

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

    Lem, May 29, 2007
  6. oh..another breakthrough....
    im now able to detect file sharing and can access files on the either of the
    comps..
    but still not able to access the internet....is there something wrong with
    the browsers....ive tried both internet expl. n mozilla.....
    also in the task manager of the host both (the wired n the wireless) r shown
    while in the client only the wireless is showm..is that some hint....

    =?Utf-8?B?YXVkZ3V5?=, May 29, 2007
  7. Posting the result of ipconfig /all on client computer may help.

    Robert L [MVP - Networking], May 29, 2007
  8. no ive not installed live onecare...
    here's the ipconfig for my client...thnx

    Windows IP Configuration

    Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : mshome.net

    C:\Documents and Settings\DPMODANI>ipconfig/all

    Windows IP Configuration

    Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : SrVp-Fin
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : domain.com
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Mixed
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : domain.com
    mshome.net

    Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : mshome.net
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2100 LAN
    3B Mini PCI Adapter
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0C-F1-4F-3A-08
    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, May 30, 2007 1:26:37 AM
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, June 06, 2007 1:26:37
    AM

    =?Utf-8?B?YXVkZ3V5?=, May 29, 2007
  9. also ...lemme tell you that im using a proxy server on my host to connect to
    internet thru my broadband....is it to do something with the config of my
    browser ..
    because im able to share files between the laptops....

    =?Utf-8?B?YXVkZ3V5?=, May 29, 2007
  10. Hi
    With the money that you would save on "head aches" medication ;), you can
    buy a Wireless Router (many on sale for less than $30).
    Better Wireless Better Network, no need to keep the two computers on while
    using only one.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 30, 2007
  11. Can you ping a public IP like 4.2.2.1 from the client?

    Robert L [MVP - Networking], May 30, 2007
  12. no. i cant even ping or access other computers on my lan. though i can
    access them frm my host. this prob forces me to think that the only
    connection working is that between the host n client. ics is not working n im
    sure i v enabled it since my client is mentioning it as an internet
    gateway.....

    =?Utf-8?B?YXVkZ3V5?=, May 30, 2007
  13. this is a temp connection. i dont want it for long. so i dont think router
    wud be a better option. thnx newaz for answering....i know i hav had a lot
    of headaches for this thing....i sat whole yester day to make it work but i
    cudnt....
    newaz ..if u got ne other ideas to help my ad hoc den pls put forward..thnx

    =?Utf-8?B?YXVkZ3V5?=, May 30, 2007
  14. well i thnk you newaz cause u must also hav had headache fr this prob cause
    i surely hav had....sat whole yesterday....

    =?Utf-8?B?YXVkZ3V5?=, May 30, 2007
  15. i have also pasted the ipconfig/all of my host comp. if it can help u...
    Windows IP Configuration

    Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : dpm
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : domain.com
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : domain.com

    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network
    Connecti
    on
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-06-1B-D3-B3-48
    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    10.6.0.55
    10.6.0.48
    10.6.0.64

    Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100
    3B Mi
    ni PCI Adapter
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-04-23-71-7E-4F
    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

    =?Utf-8?B?YXVkZ3V5?=, May 30, 2007
  16. my gosh.....here's the deal....
    what i did is ...i removed ics from my 100mbps lan.
    i bridged the two connections- 100mbps lan and the wireless network i
    created fr ad hoc. now ...wat d catch is that i can access the proxy
    server (which i HAVE to use to connect to internet) only through 'ONE' IP
    that is 10.1.0.55. dats it.
    since my client had to have another IP, it wud not work....n dats is why im
    now able to connect to other LAN members but not to the internet....
    wen i sent a ping to the proxy server from my client, the gateway (for
    100mbps lan) replied that 'net (its not 'not') unreachable.
    now this is it.....if u can help me now it be really appreciable..thnx in
    advance..

    =?Utf-8?B?YXVkZ3V5?=, May 30, 2007
  17. Hi
    Router are so cheap that they can serve as temp solution.
    However for reason unknown to me ICS sometimes "acts out" when use in Ad-Hoc
    configuration.
    At time using this Routing Software instead of ICS solves the problem.
    http://www.analogx.com/CONTENTS/download/network/proxy.htm
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 30, 2007