    are automatically pointed to a website/page and asked for a username and
    password to grant access to the network. How can i set this up easily ?

    thanks in advance

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueQ==?=, Dec 14, 2005

  2. In news:,
    Tony <> typed:
    > Hi I am new to wireless networking. I have a shop and wish to provide
    > a wireless access point to the internet. I dont want the wireless
    > netwrok to be a free for all. I want it so that if a user connects to
    > my wireless lan they are automatically pointed to a website/page and
    > asked for a username and password to grant access to the network. How
    > can i set this up easily ?
    >
    > thanks in advance

    You might look into something like the SonicWALL TZ170w....it offers
    wireless guest services. There are a lot of products out there that can do
    this; prices vary. You can never go wrong with Cisco, but it's going to cost
    more.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Dec 14, 2005

  3. Here is a free solution that may work for you...

    http://www.publicip.net/

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    benefit of all of us...