    Location:
    Medford, MA
    This seems like a simple question but the obvious answer doesn't work. I have the Linksys WRT54G that I use for my PC laptop. My brother is visiting with his Mac laptop. His Mac found the wifi network, I gave him the password, and the "join" button won't light up for him to even use it. What could the problem be?
    mbbennett, Aug 18, 2009

  2. mbbennett

    technoplume

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2009
    Messages:
    55
    Make sure the Router is in both B and G mode. Make sure both the laptop and router use the same channel.

    It's possible also that the MAC and PC have a different ASCII table. So when sending the Password to the router it could be miss interpreted. Try to turn the Security off and see if both PC and MAC can get on the internet at the same time.
    technoplume, Sep 10, 2009