    TERMINAL

    all usefull help is appreciated

    ---

    Kevin Horner, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Kevin Horner

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Kevin Horner" <> wrote in
    news::

    > how can i configure a wireless card
    >
    > SUSE LINUX 9.1
    > Kernel 2.6
    > GNOME 2.4
    > YAST included
    > TERMINAL
    >
    > all usefull help is appreciated

    What wireless card? Is it supported under Linux? If so, are you loading
    the correct modules for it?

    Jim Berwick, Jul 12, 2004

  3. Kevin Horner

    Kevin Horner Guest

    I am very new to linux. i do not even know simple bash commands yet i just
    was trying to get my netgear MA111 usb 802.11b adapter to work i do not know
    what to do
    "Jim Berwick" <> wrote in message
    > "Kevin Horner" <> wrote in
    >
    > > how can i configure a wireless card
    > >
    > > SUSE LINUX 9.1
    > > Kernel 2.6
    > > GNOME 2.4
    > > YAST included
    > > TERMINAL
    > >
    > > all usefull help is appreciated
    > >

    > What wireless card? Is it supported under Linux? If so, are you loading
    > the correct modules for it?

    ---

    Kevin Horner, Jul 12, 2004
  4. Kevin Horner

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Kevin Horner" <> wrote in

    > I am very new to linux. i do not even know simple bash commands yet i
    > just was trying to get my netgear MA111 usb 802.11b adapter to work i
    > do not know what to do

    You first need to find out if your wireless adapter is supported by Linux
    or not. Google around to find out. If so, you need to make sure you have
    the right modules for it (sorta like drivers). I don't know of many USB
    wireless adapters that are supported, so you will have to dig around.

    Jim Berwick, Jul 12, 2004
  5. Kevin Horner

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Kevin Horner" <> wrote in

    > how can i configure a wireless card
    >
    > SUSE LINUX 9.1
    > Kernel 2.6
    > GNOME 2.4
    > YAST included
    > TERMINAL
    >
    > all usefull help is appreciated

    They have people running around over in alt.internet.wirelesss that use
    Linux.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 12, 2004
  6. On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:18:36 -0500, "Kevin Horner"
    <> wrote:

    #I am very new to linux. i do not even know simple bash commands yet i
    just
    #was trying to get my netgear MA111 usb 802.11b adapter to work i do
    not know
    #what to do

    I had one of thse running under Knoppix so there must be Linux support
    for it. Past that I can't really help because it ran out the box.

    The Great Cornholio, Jul 12, 2004
  7. Kevin Horner

    DC Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:
    > "Kevin Horner" <> wrote in

    >> how can i configure a wireless card

    >> SUSE LINUX 9.1
    >> Kernel 2.6
    >> GNOME 2.4
    >> YAST included
    >> TERMINAL

    >> all usefull help is appreciated

    > They have people running around over in alt.internet.wirelesss that use
    > Linux.

    See? Take away the wires and you just can't make them sit still.

    };O)

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Free your mind, and your OS will follow...

    DC, Jul 12, 2004