    Woosh.
    www.wiredcountry.co.nz lists the ISP's who use it. Ihug, iconz, packing shed
    are a few who use it.
    Carl Elphick, May 21, 2004

  2. Carl Elphick

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 21:05:06 +1200, Carl Elphick wrote:

    > For those of you unhappy that Telecom don't have to unbundle the local loop
    > plus live in Auckland, will be pleased to know Wired Country have started up
    > their Sky Tower transmitter. So if you live within 15kms of the tower and
    > got clear line of sight then you got a pretty speedy alternative to DSL and
    > Woosh.
    > www.wiredcountry.co.nz lists the ISP's who use it. Ihug, iconz, packing shed
    > are a few who use it.

    ive heard the ping is very good too, i know someone who has it, and the
    ping to a local site like ihug.co.nz is about 10-20ms
    -[Myth]-, May 21, 2004

  3. Carl Elphick

    SteveM Guest

    "Carl Elphick" <> wrote in

    > For those of you unhappy that Telecom don't have to unbundle the local
    > loop plus live in Auckland, will be pleased to know Wired Country have
    > started up their Sky Tower transmitter. So if you live within 15kms of
    > the tower and got clear line of sight then you got a pretty speedy
    > alternative to DSL and Woosh.
    > www.wiredcountry.co.nz lists the ISP's who use it. Ihug, iconz,
    > packing shed are a few who use it.

    I will be ditching Jetstart (and Paradise, sadly) for the $65/mth
    1 Meg plan from Ihug.

    How can I not? For the same price as 128k (10Gig Cap) Jetstart, I can
    get a 1 Meg Link, Free National Traffic, 2Gig International between 2pm
    and 2am and 8 Gig of international from 2am to 2pm.
    OK, they throttle you down to dialup speeds if you break the cap, but i'd
    rather have that then pay excess data charges. I cannot see me breaking
    the caps anyway. Most of my traffic is national.
    I have pefect LOS to the Skytower and am only about 6km away, so should
    not have any problems.

    SteveM
    SteveM, May 22, 2004
  4. Carl Elphick

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 01:44:22 GMT, SteveM wrote:

    > "Carl Elphick" <> wrote in
    >
    >> For those of you unhappy that Telecom don't have to unbundle the local
    >> loop plus live in Auckland, will be pleased to know Wired Country have
    >> started up their Sky Tower transmitter. So if you live within 15kms of
    >> the tower and got clear line of sight then you got a pretty speedy
    >> alternative to DSL and Woosh.
    >> www.wiredcountry.co.nz lists the ISP's who use it. Ihug, iconz,
    >> packing shed are a few who use it.
    >>

    > I will be ditching Jetstart (and Paradise, sadly) for the $65/mth
    > 1 Meg plan from Ihug.
    >
    > How can I not? For the same price as 128k (10Gig Cap) Jetstart, I can
    > get a 1 Meg Link, Free National Traffic, 2Gig International between 2pm
    > and 2am and 8 Gig of international from 2am to 2pm.
    > OK, they throttle you down to dialup speeds if you break the cap, but i'd
    > rather have that then pay excess data charges. I cannot see me breaking
    > the caps anyway. Most of my traffic is national.
    > I have pefect LOS to the Skytower and am only about 6km away, so should
    > not have any problems.
    >
    > SteveM

    I have been able to get it for a while, through the papakura transmitters,
    but i wanted feedback from someone else on its performance, before i invest
    in the install/router.
    -[Myth]-, May 22, 2004
  5. Carl Elphick

    Rick Guest

    Weel, I would have to say that Wired Country for me is damned good. I have
    just come back from London and was used to a 2MB ADSL circuit with no data
    caps wahtsoever for £29 per month...cheap as chips. I've had the 1MB
    wireless plan from IHUG for a few days and it's very fast. A ping to IHUG
    is 9-10ms but overseas sites get into the 150-200ms range.

    Rick, May 23, 2004