    and also share files and printer??

    Thanks
    milwloco

    =?Utf-8?B?bWlsd2xvY28=?=, Mar 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bWlsd2xvY28=?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi

    Assuming that you have Switch that the clients computers are plug into, you
    can try to plug an Access Point into it and add wireless capacity to your
    Network.

    However this is a tricky method and while some people succeed in getting it
    to work, many could Not.

    Using the methods described as Option 2 in this page is one way to insure
    that it can work.

    Sharing DialUp Internet Connection - http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "milwloco" <> wrote in message
    > I've got 2 desktops and 1 laptop all running XP Pro, That are hooked up to

    > wired network. I use internet connect sharing on one computer to dail up

    the

    Jack \(MVP\), Mar 10, 2005

  3. Jack Thanks for the quick answer

    I'm going to add a little more to my quest....

    This past weekend I purchased a broadband wireless router (they said it
    could also be used as a access point). Well I hooked it up and I can look
    files on the different computers but I can not get on the internet
    (dailup)with the laptop that is now connected wirelessly. Is there a way
    that I can make this setup work?????

    =?Utf-8?B?bWlsd2xvY28=?=, Mar 11, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bWlsd2xvY28=?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    A Wireless Router can be used as a Switch with an Access Point.
    If your DialUp Modem is Internal try option 1 as mentioned in my post above.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Mar 11, 2005
  5. Thanks I'll give it a try..

    Have a good one Jack