Wired Tools of 2004 from Wired magazine : the Cameras !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike Henley, Dec 6, 2004.

  1. Mike Henley

    Mike Henley Guest

    "The coolest geek shopping list ever - 129 of the best screens, cams,
    phones, games and gadgets of the year"

    Wired Magazine chose the greatest camera products of 2004, and in the
    process wom themselves my nomination for the greatest product reviews
    of 2004! I applaud them!

    And I haven't even read it in detail, but 3 hallmarks of insightful
    expertise impressed me the most.

    1) "SONY 8-MEGAPIXEL DIGICAM" !! - I had thought all along the V3 was 7
    mp, but what do I know!
    2) "The black, leather-grained face evokes the vintage SLRs that David
    Hemmings used to shoot fashion models in the 1966 movie Blow-Up. But
    the Pentax 750z is definitely up-to-date." Wow! vintage **SLRs** of
    1966! very mod!
    3) "KILLER CAMERA ACCESSORIES Choosing a camera is only one part of the
    big picture. Sure, you can carry it around your neck, print pics at the
    drugstore, and pop copies in a plain old postal envelope. Or you can be
    in total control of the image-creation process with this cool gear." -
    so let's see the recommended accessories; umm, PDA, chestvest, portable
    printer, SD-CF adapter... and "CANON RUGGED, 16.6-MEGAPIXEL DSLR". Yes!
    me thinks very killer accessory indeed, I need one for my P&S!
    LOL

    http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.12/tools.html?pg=9
    Mike Henley, Dec 6, 2004