    path not found.

    Please let me know how can I fix this so that I can share files and
    printers.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lyZWQgRGVza3RvcCBXaXJlbGVzcyBMYXB0b3Ag, Nov 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?V2lyZWQgRGVza3RvcCBXaXJlbGVzcyBMYXB0b3Ag

    Malke Guest

    Wired Desktop Wireless Laptop Connection wrote:

    > I have a Dell desktop with Windows XP Pro and a wireless X41 laptop
    > with
    > Windows Tablet. THe router is Netgear.
    >
    > I have changed the workgroups to the same name and turned firewalls
    > off. However whenever I try to access the workgroup computers I get
    > the following error message:
    > administrator of this server to find out if you have permissions.
    > Network path not found.
    >
    > Please let me know how can I fix this so that I can share files and
    > printers.

    Make identical user accounts/passwords on both machines. Now see if your
    sharing works. If you are still having difficulties, here is an
    excellent troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna. Take the time to go
    through it and it will pinpoint the problem areas:

    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers