  1. How do I clear everything from a drive and start again. I have a lap top
    running NT and I wish to install windows 98?
    Regards

    ROBERT BROOKS, May 8, 2005

  2. ROBERT BROOKS

    Uncle Andy Guest

    ROBERT BROOKS, Loves spam sent to: @ntlworld.com

    > How do I clear everything from a drive and start again. I have a lap top
    > running NT and I wish to install windows 98?
    > Regards

    Boot from the 98 floppy.
    shift+F5 for command prompt
    type:fdisk
    Y for large disk support
    Delete partition.
    Make partition active.
    reboot using the 98 floppy
    shift+F5 for command prompt.
    #the command:dir will give you a listing of whats in the directory
    #the command:cd is short for "Change Directory"
    change to the CD drive. e.g. cd D:
    change to the win98 directory on the CD drive. e.g. cd win98
    type:format c:
    change back to the CD Drive. e.g. cd ..
    type:setup
    follow the bouncing ball.