    there any software or anything I can do to get the document off the Hard
    drive?

    Argh.

    Jason Greenwood, Dec 12, 2004

  2. Jason Greenwood

    SgtMinor Guest

    Jason Greenwood wrote:
    > I have wiped my hard drive and forgot i needed to get something from it, is
    > there any software or anything I can do to get the document off the Hard
    > drive?
    >
    > Argh.

    Try PCInspector (freeware):
    http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

    SgtMinor, Dec 12, 2004

  3. Jason Greenwood

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:02:42 GMT, Jason Greenwood wrote:

    >I have wiped my hard drive and forgot i needed to get something from it, is

    How did you wipe it? Format / Zero fill / deleted files?

    >there any software or anything I can do to get the document off the Hard
    >drive?
    >
    >Argh.

    Depends on how you wiped it.

    GetDataBack
    http://runtime.org/

    You can't write anything to the same disk (if it's 1 partition) /
    partition as you are tyring to recover data from, i.e. installing
    recovery software, but can install it to a different partition (but not
    OS partition if that's where the file was).

    Otherwise, I would normally make the disk to recover from a slave,
    install a new master , install OS and recovery app, Then read from the
    slave.

    Me

    why?, Dec 12, 2004