    unit to standard config, no Password?

    Thanks,
    Scott<-
    Scott Townsend, Mar 24, 2008

  2. Scott Townsend

    Chad Mahoney Guest

    Scott Townsend wrote:
    > So I've seen the links on the net to retrieve the Password of a Pix. Though
    > that seems to be a process to get the Password and Save the Config.
    >
    > I don't care what's on the unit. I bought it on eBay and just want to start
    > from Scratch.
    >
    > Is there a wipe procedure that is much simpler that I can do to wipe the
    > unit to standard config, no Password?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Scott<-

    The only way I know to reset a PIX to factory defaults is by logging
    into the unit. You need to log in to the PIX and enter the write erase
    and reboot the unit without saving the config.

    To reset the password please follow:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ducts_password_recovery09186a008009478b.shtml
    Chad Mahoney, Mar 24, 2008