    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 29, 2006

  2. And WinRAR supports both RAR and ZIP format, something that Winzip guys tend
    to ignore (that there is life beyond ZIP).
    I use WinRAR as my sole archiver program.
    Dunno want to install unnecessary programs, except for registry optimizers,
    Charlie!!! :)
    Carlos
    P.S.: Just joking. Dumped for good all those false promises about registry
    optimization and performance increase.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 29, 2006

  3. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I still use Winzip for zip files even though I've been using RAR more and
    more...

    I didn't know that they had this one with x64 extensions until now, thanks
    for the post! However, I don't like the lack of options in this MSI
    installer. I must ask... Who, WHO wants a Winzip icon to always be showing
    in the system tray? Does it serve any useful purpose? Plus, why does it
    forget my display settings every time I upgrade to a new build? *sigh*

    :p Ah well.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Aug 29, 2006
  4. Carlos -
    I'm with you, I'm using WinRAR more and more. And not the least because
    it supports all the same programs as WinZIP, plus it's own. That being said,
    WinZIP is still faster, IME. And I admit, I've used it for so many years
    that I'm still a bit more comfortable with the interface. But WinRAR gets my
    vote for their early support of our OS. But I've abused WinZIP enough in the
    last year and a half that I felt I had to at least report it in the
    interests of fairness. And there definitely are users who prefer WinZIP.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 29, 2006
  5. Yes, I'd prefer it not to add itself there. But easy enough to change after
    the fact. As for builds - given that we haven't seen one in a while, it
    doesn't much matter. :(

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64