    using WINZIP and encrypted using the relatively weak "Standard Zip 2.0
    encryption" option.

    If not then does native Windows XP have any capability for Winzip files?

    Andy, Nov 3, 2006

  2. Andy,

    Windows XP can natively create ZIP archives as well as extract files from a
    ZIP archive created by any other zip utility like WinZip or WinRAR.

    --
    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://www.anando.org/folder

    Anando [MS-MVP], Nov 3, 2006

  3. Andy

    Ze Muffinman Guest

    As the above said, it's able to do any .zip file, but not .rar, .7z, or
    any other program-specific file end.

    Ze Muffinman, Nov 3, 2006
  4. "Anando [MS-MVP]" <> wrote:

    > Windows XP can natively create ZIP archives as well as extract files
    > from a ZIP archive created by any other zip utility like WinZip or
    > WinRAR.

    Only for older versions of the utilities. Current versions of Winzip
    and PKZIP can create files that cannot be read by any other ZIP
    utility...

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    And on the eighth day God said, "OK Murphy, you take over."

    Juergen Nieveler, Nov 3, 2006
  5. Andy <> wrote in news:Xns987010773463574C1H4@127.0.0.1:

    > Is native Windows XP able to unzip archive files which I have created
    > using WINZIP and encrypted using the relatively weak "Standard Zip 2.0
    > encryption" option.
    >
    > If not then does native Windows XP have any capability for Winzip files?

    It cannot open WinZIP's encryption available since ver. 9.0

    Alfred D Testonosun, Nov 8, 2006