    Samsung 24" TFT
    Enermax 660W
    Plextor PX-712SA
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Nov 20, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

    Rick Guest

    Why don't you try it and let us know?

    Rick, Nov 20, 2005

  3. No change in the level of x64 support. WinZip10 works fine in x64, but
    doesn't have 64-bit dlls, so no explorer extensions. It does have support
    for bz2 (finally), and the option of an "explorer interface" for nested
    folders in a zip, both worthwhile additions, IMHO. But no x64. WinRAR does
    have native x64 support, and is a good alternative.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 20, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

    Piers James Guest

    7-zip has x64 support (ie context menus), but a rather basic user interface.
    On the plus side it is free. http://www.7-zip.org/

    Piers James, Nov 20, 2005
  5. The latest version WinRAR also has full support for Windows x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 20, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 01:26:01 -0800, "Maratonmannen"
    <> wrote:

    >As a registered user I was offered to upgrade at 50% of the WinZip 10.0 list
    >prices.

    They don't deserve your money, as they are still not supporting x64. I have
    bugged them since x64 became officialy availeable, but still, nada.
    x64 can open ZIP-files, and for archiving you can also use Winrar, which
    many people use nowadays as well.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Nov 21, 2005
  7. Thanks for all your answers!

    I have now decided not to accept WinZip:s offer, until they fully support x64.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Nov 21, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

    roman modic Guest

    roman modic, Nov 21, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

    LarchOye Guest

    The latest version of WinRar does NOT have native support for x64... It
    installs in Program Files x86\ ... Though the app does seem to work
    flawlessley through my testing thus far.

    All I have found is that they offer an x64 version of Unrar.exe (the
    command line app), which for the 1 ~500mb archive I unrar'd seem to run
    obnoxiously fast.. (I didn't even notice when it finished, had to be
    less than 15 seconds)

    I am really anxious for them to build a native x64 version, as
    compression should be one of the more noticablly faster processes in
    the 64bit environment...
    LarchOye, Nov 22, 2005
  10. What they have is a native DLL for the extensions (right mouse clicks) --
    which is what most are missing. It works, and works well. But to my mind,
    WinRAR is an interface only its developer could love.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 22, 2005