    Typed winvar and it said expires on 7-30-05 at 10:17pm.
    I thought it lasted either 120 or 180 days. Whats up with that?

    Sam

    Sam Kissel, Jun 2, 2005

  2. "Sam Kissel" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just installed the new Winxp 64 edition and all went perfect.
    > Typed winvar and it said expires on 7-30-05 at 10:17pm.
    > I thought it lasted either 120 or 180 days. Whats up with that?

    Sam,

    Was the clock on your PC set correctly in the BIOS prior to installation ?
    Have you subsequently reset your clock on your PC or in Windows forward to
    back somewhat ?

    Best course of action correctly set the time/date in the BIOS and then
    cleanly reinstall.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jun 2, 2005

  3. Sam Kissel

    Sam Guest

    Thank for the help Mike, I did flash my bios before Winxp64
    install and I thought I reset the date before install but maybe
    it was after install. Thanks I'll do reinstall....

    Sam

    Sam, Jun 2, 2005
  4. I thought it was 120 days for Windows Server trials and 180 for the client,
    I guess it has something to do with both OS's being built of Server 2003
    SP1.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 2, 2005
  5. Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
    > I thought it was 120 days for Windows Server trials and 180 for the
    > client, I guess it has something to do with both OS's being built of
    > Server 2003 SP1.

    Tis the other way around. 180 for server, and 120 for client. :)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 2, 2005
  6. Hello Sam,
    You can always check the event logs and the setup log files for dates.
    The setup log files should tell you what date the OS was installed.
    The event logs you can sort by date to see if the date changed after
    install to a prior date, and then was changed back.
    Normally when we see issues like this we can find a date in either of those
    two locations that points to a time when the system date was not correct.

    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    >From: "Sam" <>

    <>