    What is the least amount of space you need for installing WinXP and about
    three programs. I have a 20 GB HDD and want to use the rest of the space for
    storage.

    John D, Nov 19, 2004

  2. John D

    RobD. Guest

    That's more than enough

    --
    --The Computer Doctors
    Serving Southern New England
    401-816-0393
    %% remove the %'s

    RobD., Nov 19, 2004

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
    19 Nov 2004 18:04:52 -0500, "John D" <> screamed
    from behind the mulberry bush:

    >What is the least amount of space you need for installing WinXP and about
    >three programs. I have a 20 GB HDD and want to use the rest of the space for
    >storage.

    A 20 gig will be okay, just don't expect to download and store a lot
    of MP3s or pR0n.

    Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Nov 20, 2004
  4. In article <> Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor <> wrote:

    >I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
    >19 Nov 2004 18:04:52 -0500, "John D" <> screamed
    >from behind the mulberry bush:
    >
    >>What is the least amount of space you need for installing WinXP and about
    >>three programs. I have a 20 GB HDD and want to use the rest of the space for
    >>storage.
    >>

    >A 20 gig will be

    He that plants thorns must never expect to gather roses.

    >Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

    Hats are more common now and flashy colors are less common. Dress is
    much more functional and we "dress up" whenever we get a chance.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "For example, Lady Chatterly sounds like a flaming paranoid
    schizophrenic." -- Friend

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 20, 2004
  5. John D

    John D Guest

    I think I didn't get my message across. I have a 20 GB drive and I need to
    partition it into a "C" & "D". What is the least amount of space I could
    devote to the "C" to be able to install WinXP (original version)
    comfortably.

    John D, Nov 20, 2004
  6. John D

    RobD. Guest

    If that's all you'll be putting on that partition, I would say a comfortable
    number for your C: drive would be approximately 5 gig. You have some room to
    go down to 4 gig, but I would not push it to 3.

    RobD., Nov 20, 2004
  7. John D

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=

    John D wrote:

    > I think I didn't get my message across. I have a 20 GB drive and I need to
    > partition it into a "C" & "D". What is the least amount of space I could
    > devote to the "C" to be able to install WinXP (original version)
    > comfortably.
    >
    > "RobD." <%%> wrote in message
    > > That's more than enough
    > > "John D" <> wrote in message
    > >> What is the least amount of space you need for installing WinXP and about
    > >> three programs. I have a 20 GB HDD and want to use the rest of the space

    XP install size is 1.8G after CleanXP:
    http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2004/2004-11-15.htm#1
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?V41D123D9

    smh, Nov 20, 2004
  8. John D

    Pennywise Guest

    wrote:

    |>What is the least amount of space you need for installing WinXP and about
    |>three programs. I have a 20 GB HDD and want to use the rest of the space for
    |>storage.

    I have a 20GB HDD, and 2GB partitions works for me. I run XP/WK2/98se
    each on separate partitions of course, other partitions are used for
    storage and the program files which I share between systems.

    XP will take up close to 1GB of space.

    Pennywise, Nov 20, 2004
  9. John D

    doS Guest

    "Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor" <> wrote in message
    > I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
    > 19 Nov 2004 18:04:52 -0500, "John D" <> screamed
    > from behind the mulberry bush:
    >
    > >What is the least amount of space you need for installing WinXP and about
    > >three programs. I have a 20 GB HDD and want to use the rest of the space

    for
    > >storage.
    > >

    > A 20 gig will be okay, just don't expect to download and store a lot
    > of MP3s or pR0n.

    How much space do you have?

    doS, Nov 20, 2004