WinXP x64 - SFC Scannow

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by LDJ, Aug 9, 2008.

  1. LDJ

    LDJ Guest

    Hello Anybody!

    Having nothing else to do :) I tried to run the SFC /Scannow command on
    my wifes WinXPx64 PC.

    It didn't work. I got a msg. telling that I needed to insert the
    original install CD, (which was already in the DVD drive), and the
    process couldn't continue.

    I have been thinking of slipstreaming SP2 some day, and I thought that
    now was the right time to do it. I found a nice description, on how to
    perform the slipstream operation, here:

    Create a Windows XP Professional x64 SP2 Slipstream CD

    http://www.start64.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=705&Itemid=98

    After having made the CD, I inserted the original CD in the DVD drive,
    and a slipstreamed WinXPx64_SP2_CD.ISO in a virtual DVD drive (there is
    only one DVD drive in my wifes PC) and the SFC /scannow process finished
    without error msg's.

    However, after the process had finished, it didn't show msg's regarding
    found errors (or no errors found), as the finished operation would do,
    if the SFC /scannow operation was performed from Vista x64.

    I'd like to know where the log from the SFC /scannow operation can be
    found? Do any of you have an idea?

    Regards
    LDJ

    LDJ, Aug 9, 2008

  2. LDJ

    PH Guest

    maybe in event veiwer, system error logs. don't know for sure but maybe
    worth a look.

    PH, Aug 14, 2008