    turnoff the wireless portion of the 2Wire Gateway without turning off the
    dsl modem/router function?

    David

    David, Sep 23, 2005

  2. David

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    It means that your Laptop is off the Wireless, but the Wireless might be
    available for other Wireless computers if it is open with No security.
    I am not familiar with your specific Wireless Router some Router has the
    capacity to switch Off the Wireless and leave On every thing else, look at
    the Wireless menus of your Wireless Router.
    Otherwise, http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Sep 24, 2005