    with a extension that Windows *PRESUMES ARBITRARILY* to be text files.

    How can I force it to search for an ASCII text string in *ANY* file?
    I'd grumpily settle for searching all files of a specified extension.
    Richard Owlett, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Richard Owlett

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: WinXP WindowsExplorer File search -- aberant behaviour -- How to tame?

    The Windows XP search function is a pile of poo.
    Use Agent Ransack; you will find it FAR superior.
    http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 05:18:51 -0500, in
    <>
    Richard Owlett scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Richard Owlett

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: Thankyou BUT was[tRe: WinXP WindowsExplorer File search -- aberant behaviour -- How to tame?]

    Don't complain to me, complain to Microsoft!

    I gave you a FREE, superior alternative.

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 15:52:06 -0500, in
    <>
    Richard Owlett scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Thankyou BUT was[tRe: WinXP WindowsExplorer File search --aberant behaviour -- How to tame?]

    Richard Owlett, Jul 4, 2004