    computers shared folder. I can access these same folders from the C
    drive with no crash.

    Any and all help appreciated.

    Sparky, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Sparky

    Harrison Guest

    Have you installed all critical updates, scanned for viruses, and
    checked for spyware/adware/malware?
    Did you try System Restore?

    Harrison, Jan 23, 2004

  3. Sparky

    Billy Guest

    Check the first post and also follow the search/unreg procedure for
    shell32.dll and ntdll.dll described in this article for a different dll.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822206&Product=winxp
    If it is still whacked then try a sfc /purgecache
    followed by a sfc /scannow
    Have the XP CD handy.

    Billy, Jan 24, 2004
  4. Sparky

    Sparky Guest

    I have done the Adaware, Spybot, NAV, ZA checks. I have run sfc
    /scannow to replace or repair system files. Right after sfc /scannow
    I can select the Start -> My Network Places -> then open any files on
    my computer's shared folder and it works for about 3-5 seconds then
    fails again and fails repeatedly without delay thereafter.

    Additionally, I have tried a full Windows Repair but installation
    hangs at Installing Windows -> Installing Network and hard freezes at
    32 minutes.

    Sparky, Jan 24, 2004