    Tweek: What if the snowman comes to life and tries to kill me?
    Stan (annoyed): How many times has that ever happened, except for that one
    time?

    Marko, Sep 22, 2007

  2. Marko

    who'sthat Guest

    On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 19:39:53 GMT, Marko <> wrote:

    >I have a friend who's running WinXP (home edition, on a refurbished Everet)
    >who committed a typo resetting the welcome screen password and now can't
    >gain access to her desktop.
    >
    >Is there any way to get around that mistake, other than frantic trial-and-
    >error or restoring the OS?
    >
    >Thank you for taking the time.
    >
    >Marko

    What did you get when you typed "xp home screen password reset"?
    You need to learn how to help yourself.

    who'sthat, Sep 22, 2007

  3. Marko

    Guest

    Marko <> wrote:

    >I have a friend who's running WinXP (home edition, on a refurbished Everet)
    >who committed a typo resetting the welcome screen password and now can't
    >gain access to her desktop.
    >
    >Is there any way to get around that mistake, other than frantic trial-and-
    >error or restoring the OS?

    At the user prompt type in:
    administrator
    for password just press ENTER

    if you get in go to control panel/user accounts and get a new password
    for the account you messed up. Leave the admin account as is.

    --

    MS will Downgrade you from preinstalled Vista to XP.
    www.news.com/The-XP-alternative-for-Vista-PCs/2100-1016_3-6209481.html

    , Sep 22, 2007
  4. Marko

    meerkat Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321305

    meerkat, Sep 22, 2007
  5. Marko

    Larry Guest

    Then why is this newsgroup in existence?

    Larry

    :
    : >I have a friend who's running WinXP (home edition, on a refurbished
    Everet)
    : >who committed a typo resetting the welcome screen password and now can't
    : >gain access to her desktop.
    : >

    Larry, Sep 22, 2007
  6. Larry wrote:
    > Then why is this newsgroup in existence?

    1. It's a tax write off for the cabal [tinc].

    2. http://blinkynet.net/comp/toppost.html

    > Larry
    >
    > "who'sthat" <who'sthat@don'tknow.com> wrote in message
    >: On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 19:39:53 GMT, Marko <> wrote:
    >:
    >: >I have a friend who's running WinXP (home edition, on a refurbished
    > Everet)
    >: >who committed a typo resetting the welcome screen password and now can't
    >: >gain access to her desktop.
    >: >
    >: >Is there any way to get around that mistake, other than frantic
    > trial-and-
    >: >error or restoring the OS?
    >: >
    >: >Thank you for taking the time.
    >: >
    >: >Marko
    >: What did you get when you typed "xp home screen password reset"?
    >: You need to learn how to help yourself.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 22, 2007
  7. Marko

    who'sthat Guest

    On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 15:49:48 -0600, "Larry" <>
    wrote:

    >Then why is this newsgroup in existence?
    >
    >Larry
    >
    >"who'sthat" <who'sthat@don'tknow.com> wrote in message
    >: On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 19:39:53 GMT, Marko <> wrote:
    >:
    >: >I have a friend who's running WinXP (home edition, on a refurbished
    >Everet)
    >: >who committed a typo resetting the welcome screen password and now can't
    >: >gain access to her desktop.
    >: >
    >: >Is there any way to get around that mistake, other than frantic
    >trial-and-
    >: >error or restoring the OS?
    >: >
    >: >Thank you for taking the time.
    >: >
    >: >Marko
    >: What did you get when you typed "xp home screen password reset"?
    >: You need to learn how to help yourself.

    So you can learn how to help yourself.

    who'sthat, Sep 22, 2007
  8. Marko

    Marko Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote in news:FJeJi.8435$HW.8066@newsfe3-
    gui.ntli.net:

    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321305

    Thanks very much, meerkat. Gracias. Obrigato. Hse-hse. Etc.

    Marko

    --
    Butters (to calves): Good night, Patches. Good night, Halloway.
    Good night, Neptune. Good night, Davis. Good night, Bud.

    Marko, Sep 23, 2007