    Anyway to change this?
    thanks,
    hj

    hugh jass, May 7, 2004

  2. hugh jass

    Joe Guest

    leave it be or you'll pay for eternity, no erm create a new user and then
    delete the one you changed your name to.

    Joe, May 7, 2004

  3. hugh jass

    Kenny Guest

    In the Run box type "control userpasswords2", no quotes, highlight the
    account you want to change then Properties. Change it from there.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, May 8, 2004
  4. hugh jass

    Toolman Tim Guest

    He already changed his account name from "user" to "newuser" - he wants the
    folder "Documents and settings/user" to be changed to "Documents and
    settings/newuser".

    Like the other reply said...don't mess with it. OR set up a totally new
    account (administrator privileges) with the name you want to use, copy all
    the stuff you want to keep from the old "user" folders to the "newuser"
    folders. Then delete the old account.

    (substitute your correct names for "user" and "newuser" in the examples
    above)

    Toolman Tim, May 8, 2004