    the computer is doing whatever it wants to do no matter how many times
    I change it back. Does anyone have an idea as to what might be
    causing this? Thanks in advance.

    e.w., Oct 15, 2007

  2. On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 03:04:40 -0000, "e.w." <> wrote:

    >It's easy enough to set it back to classic, but it is frustrating that
    >the computer is doing whatever it wants to do no matter how many times
    >I change it back. Does anyone have an idea as to what might be
    >causing this? Thanks in advance.

    You can try this, disable the System Restore. Well, I consider it a
    very important option so after a while you should turn it on again.

    Tell me if this changes the situation.
    --
    Manuel Marino

    My Weblog / Music, Arts, People, Ideas
    http://www.manuelmarino.com

    Manuel Marino, Oct 15, 2007

  3. e.w.

    JANA Guest

    Try this:

    Turn off the System Restore feature. Re-start the computer. Turn on the
    System Restore. Manually set a new restore point.

    If the above does not fix the problem, then it is something much more
    serious.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "e.w." <> wrote in message
    I am running a modern (3 months old) PC with Windows XP Professional.
    I have all of the updates and service packs installed.

    I had changed the theme from Luna to Windows Classic when I first
    installed XP. Last week, I have noticed that when I start the
    computer, it sets itself back to the Luna theme. This seems to happen
    once every three reboots or so.

    JANA, Oct 17, 2007