    You have insurance for your car and your health,
    why not for your legal needs?
    http://www.legalhmo.com

    Richard M. Hartman, May 25, 2007

  2. Hi
    Such a situation use to happen with older devices when you mixed 802.11g and
    802.11b users.
    It should not happen with current good systems.
    What is thew make Wireless Router (Acceess Point), and Wireless clients
    are?
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 26, 2007

  3. It's the same hardware, in the same house. Same laptop (Dell Inspiron
    600m), same router/firewall/access point (Netgear WGR614 v7, firmware
    version V2.0.20_1.0.20NA). Not mixing anything, at least not intentionally.
    I just want to be able to switch users so my wife can do something without
    me having to log off (and close all the windows I may have open at the
    time). "Switch Users" ought to do it, but when she logs in her network
    connection is flaky or non-existant. If I do log off, she's fine. If we
    start with her connected and "switch users" to me, it's flaky. Seems like
    they're managing the connections per user-login rather than at the machine
    level.

    Richard M. Hartman, May 30, 2007
  4. In WinXP XP, wi-fi profiles indeed are local to the user
    who created them. There is no sharing option, as for dialup connections.

    In Vista, wi-fi profiles are global for all users (by default),
    so a connection will automatically resume after user switch.

    So, AFAIK there is no easy solution for XP, besides of
    3rd party software - like Intel PROset.

    Regards,
    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, May 30, 2007
  5. I'm using Intel Proset, but still have the same problem.

    Perhaps I am not using it properly? How would I make this work?

    Richard M. Hartman, May 31, 2007