    Why is this? Can it be fixed? Is it my installation-CD that's faulty?
    my harddrive? leftover XP-files causing a riot? What?

    Thanks In Advance, guys. Take it away... :)
    Funseeker, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Funseeker

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (Funseeker) wrote in
    news::

    > but complete, which is why it is particularly annoying)
    > Why is this? Can it be fixed? Is it my installation-CD that's faulty?
    > my harddrive? leftover XP-files causing a riot? What?

    Have you checked your hardware is Windows 98 compatibile?

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, Mar 5, 2004

  3. Funseeker

    mark mandel Guest

    "Funseeker" <> wrote in message
    > Have been trying to install win98/win98SE on a system that originally
    > had WINxp(and which therefore caused me an ocean of trouble).
    > Every time I'm told that NDIS-file/program fails in working properly,
    > and thus cannot start windows(this is after the installation is all
    > but complete, which is why it is particularly annoying)
    > Why is this? Can it be fixed? Is it my installation-CD that's faulty?
    > my harddrive? leftover XP-files causing a riot? What?
    >

    > Thanks In Advance, guys. Take it away... :)

    This could be related to problems with the Ethernet card in that system. Go
    to the Device Manager in safe mode, remove it and reboot.
    mark mandel, Mar 5, 2004
  4. Funseeker

    derek / nul Guest

    I hope you formatted first?

    derek / nul, Mar 5, 2004
  5. Funseeker

    Trent© Guest

    On 5 Mar 2004 04:11:11 -0800, (Funseeker) wrote:

    >Have been trying to install win98/win98SE on a system that originally
    >had WINxp(and which therefore caused me an ocean of trouble).
    >Every time I'm told that NDIS-file/program fails in working properly,
    >and thus cannot start windows(this is after the installation is all
    >but complete, which is why it is particularly annoying)
    >Why is this?

    You probably have a residue of NTFS on the drive. Repartition and
    reformat with a DOS disk.

    >Can it be fixed?

    Yup...per above.

    >Is it my installation-CD that's faulty?

    No.

    >my harddrive? leftover XP-files causing a riot?

    Yup.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Mar 6, 2004
  6. Funseeker

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Trent© <> wrote in

    > You probably have a residue of NTFS on the drive. Repartition and
    > reformat with a DOS disk.

    Explain this please. If the drive was partitioned and formatted with NTFS,
    Windows 98 would not even recognize the partition and give it a drive
    letter, much less install to it.

    DeMoN LaG, Mar 6, 2004
  7. Funseeker

    Trent© Guest

    On 06 Mar 2004 05:27:20 GMT, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

    >Trent© <> wrote in
    >
    >> You probably have a residue of NTFS on the drive. Repartition and
    >> reformat with a DOS disk.

    >Explain this please. If the drive was partitioned and formatted with NTFS,
    >Windows 98 would not even recognize the partition and give it a drive
    >letter, much less install to it.

    Residue.

    Are you looking for a correct answer from me ALL the time?! If I get
    THAT good, what would we do with Thor??!!! lol

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Mar 7, 2004
  8. Funseeker

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Trent© <> wrote in

    > Residue.

    There is no such thing. If you don't know, just don't answer, instead of
    coming up with some stupid off the top of your head stuff that you made up.

    DeMoN LaG, Mar 7, 2004
  9. Funseeker

    Trent© Guest

    On 07 Mar 2004 00:44:05 GMT, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

    >Trent© <> wrote in
    >
    >> Residue.
    >>

    >There is no such thing. If you don't know, just don't answer, instead of
    >coming up with some stupid off the top of your head stuff that you made up.

    Sorry...but I don't let kids tell me what to do.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Mar 7, 2004