    pc. I then tried installing WindowsXP-KB893357-v2-x86-ENU.exe which installed
    but didn't change anything or offer wpa.

    Any suggestion beyong reinstall?
    =?Utf-8?B?ZW5qb3lpdHNvb25lcg==?=, Aug 23, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZW5qb3lpdHNvb25lcg==?=

    Lem Guest

    Re: winxp sp2 workstation not offering wpa (no encryption or weponly)

    enjoyitsooner wrote:
    > I tried installing Q815485_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe but it won't install on a sp2
    > pc. I then tried installing WindowsXP-KB893357-v2-x86-ENU.exe which installed
    > but didn't change anything or offer wpa.
    >
    > Any suggestion beyong reinstall?

    Your hardware either doesn't support WPA or WPA2 or needs an updated
    driver in order to do so. From KB893357 (that explains the download you
    installed):

    "Note These options are not present if the wireless network adaptor
    driver does not support WPA2."

    And from KB815485,
    "To upgrade your wireless network adapters to support WPA, obtain a WPA
    update from your wireless network adapter vendor and update the wireless
    network adapter driver."

    You also may have to update the firmware in your router to have WPA or
    WPA2 available there.
    Lem, Aug 23, 2006