    WHY at the search? What does the operating system want with an
    application program? Wasn't there a law suit about that? (hahahahahaha)

    Any ideas?

    Jim, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Jim

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Put in the office CD and let it install the files it is looking for.

    pcbutts1, Oct 14, 2003

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Not the point. What's it doing is. Just wanted to know if any one else
    experienced it.

    Jim, Oct 14, 2003
  4. Jim

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You upgraded from Windows ME that's why it is doing it. It needs to copy
    some files that got corrupted during the upgrade.

    pcbutts1, Oct 14, 2003
  5. Howdy!

    "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > Not the point. What's it doing is. Just wanted to know if any one else
    > experienced it.
    >
    > pcbutts1 wrote:
    > > Put in the office CD and let it install the files it is looking for.

    But, Jim, that IS the point.

    XP overwrote some of the search DLLs (I'm thinking) that are used,
    so now Office wants to reinstall those.

    Or something else needs to be installed, so it's asking for the
    Office CD first.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Oct 15, 2003