    'Administrator password' and I enter the password for my account, it
    says that the password is incorrect. Yes, I'm sure that I'm entering
    it properly. Am I missing something?

    Poor Lost Soul, May 29, 2004

  2. Poor Lost Soul

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (Poor Lost Soul) wrote in
    news::

    > My MBR got screwed up somehow, and I'm trying to run the recovery
    > console from my WinXP Home disc. However, when it asks for an
    > 'Administrator password' and I enter the password for my account, it
    > says that the password is incorrect. Yes, I'm sure that I'm entering
    > it properly. Am I missing something?

    Not your password, the password on the Administrator account. It is
    probably blank.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, May 29, 2004

  3. There is also a more difficult way you could try to solve this problem. If
    you can get your hands on a Windows 98/98SE or ME boot disk, you can try the
    instructions listed at
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315224 under "If
    Linux is Not Still Installed". However these steps seem risky so be
    careful, though they worked for me the one time I tried them.

    Andrew Watiker, May 31, 2004