    months for good measure. I have seen different topics on formatting, and XP
    and need to know what steps to take to do it.
    I appreciate the help!

    dreamer, Jul 14, 2003

  2. dreamer

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:48:30 GMT, In this world we created "dreamer"
    <> wrote :

    >I am a current user of XP Pro, and am liking it just fine!
    >
    >I am wondering what I might need to know when the times comes I decide to
    >format my hard drive and start over again. I usually do this every six
    >months for good measure. I have seen different topics on formatting, and XP
    >and need to know what steps to take to do it.
    >I appreciate the help!

    I have not and ner ever will have to reformat my own or clients
    systems unless in,"Extreme" circumstances.
    Save data to CDR/W disk that's important.
    Then don't re-format.
    If your original drive was formatted,why do it again?

    :D

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jul 15, 2003

  3. dreamer

    philo Guest

    "dreamer" <> wrote in message
    > I am a current user of XP Pro, and am liking it just fine!
    >
    > I am wondering what I might need to know when the times comes I decide to
    > format my hard drive and start over again. I usually do this every six
    > months for good measure. I have seen different topics on formatting, and

    XP
    > and need to know what steps to take to do it.
    > I appreciate the help!

    although you get the choice to format your drive if you ever need to
    reinstall XP
    it's not too likely you should ever have to reinstall it!

    just do your updates and be sure to get a virus checker of course

    philo, Jul 15, 2003
  4. dreamer

    dreamer Guest

    I know all about routine maintenance, and virus checking and all that,
    thanks for the info though. I just want to know what steps to take to
    format and reinstall! As to the likelyhood of ever needing to..... I would
    not assume that XP is perfect and that being so, I would like to know the
    steps to formatting. Anyone?

    dreamer, Jul 15, 2003