    Any other clues?

    tia
    jd

    Jimmy Dean, May 9, 2005

  2. Jimmy Dean

    WormWood Guest

    "Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Sorry I've asked this before but need more help.
    >
    > My system Athlon XP 2500+ is well maintained, secure. and stable.
    >
    > System Restore routinely creates checkpoints. But the problem is I
    > can't restore when I want to. IN the SR dialogue, after selecting a
    > restore point and pressing Next , nothing happens.
    >
    > The System Restore tab is missing from the System Properties and no
    > doubt this is related.
    >
    > Have searched the microsoft knowledge base but nothing covers this
    > problem.
    >
    > Any other clues?
    >
    > tia
    > jd

    I tried to recreate your method but didn't see any tabs that you
    mentioned. Try going to the application this way:
    Start / Programs / accassories / system tools / System restore....fwiw

    WormWood, May 9, 2005

  3. Jimmy Dean

    Ron Martell Guest

    Jimmy Dean <> wrote:

    >Sorry I've asked this before but need more help.
    >
    >My system Athlon XP 2500+ is well maintained, secure. and stable.
    >
    >System Restore routinely creates checkpoints. But the problem is I
    >can't restore when I want to. IN the SR dialogue, after selecting a
    >restore point and pressing Next , nothing happens.
    >
    >The System Restore tab is missing from the System Properties and no
    >doubt this is related.
    >
    >Have searched the microsoft knowledge base but nothing covers this
    >problem.
    >
    >Any other clues?
    >
    >tia
    >jd

    See MVP Bert Kinney's System Restore pages:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/index.html

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Ron Martell, May 9, 2005
  4. Jimmy Dean

    Tina Guest

    "Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry I've asked this before but need more help.
    >
    > My system Athlon XP 2500+ is well maintained, secure. and stable.
    >
    > System Restore routinely creates checkpoints. But the problem is I
    > can't restore when I want to. IN the SR dialogue, after selecting a
    > restore point and pressing Next , nothing happens.
    >
    > The System Restore tab is missing from the System Properties and no
    > doubt this is related.
    >
    > Have searched the microsoft knowledge base but nothing covers this
    > problem.
    >
    > Any other clues?

    System Restore Group Policy restrictions
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/srpolicy.htm

    --
    Tina

    Tina, May 9, 2005
  5. Jimmy Dean

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 09 May 2005 12:23:26 +1000, Jimmy Dean <> wrote:

    >Sorry I've asked this before but need more help.
    >
    >My system Athlon XP 2500+ is well maintained, secure. and stable.
    >
    >System Restore routinely creates checkpoints. But the problem is I
    >can't restore when I want to. IN the SR dialogue, after selecting a
    >restore point and pressing Next , nothing happens.
    >
    >The System Restore tab is missing from the System Properties and no
    >doubt this is related.
    >
    >Have searched the microsoft knowledge base but nothing covers this
    >problem.
    >
    >Any other clues?
    >
    >tia
    >jd

    You can reinstall System Restore with these steps:

    1. Click Start, Run, In the Run box, type "C:\windows\inf" without the quotes and press enter.
    2. Look for SR.INF and RightClick on it, then LeftClick it, select "Install"

    Follow the prompts, Reboot, and System Restore will be ready to use.

    http://www.updatexp.com/rstrui-exe-entry-point-not-found.html

    Select S and scroll to System Restore

    Unk, May 9, 2005
  6. Jimmy Dean

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    Re: WinXP Pro System Restore problem <== FANTASTIC Unk IT WORKED!

    On Mon, 09 May 2005 02:21:14 -0400, Unk <> wrote:

    >You can reinstall System Restore with these steps:
    >
    >1. Click Start, Run, In the Run box, type "C:\windows\inf" without the quotes and press enter.
    >2. Look for SR.INF and RightClick on it, then LeftClick it, select "Install"
    >
    >Follow the prompts, Reboot, and System Restore will be ready to use.

    All prior restore points were deleted but the main thing is SR now
    works again without having to do a system repair!! (I rely on GHOST
    ultimately but SR is a useful fallback)

    I love 24hoursupport.helpdesk and the ppl therein

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, May 10, 2005
  7. Jimmy Dean

    Unk Guest

    Re: WinXP Pro System Restore problem <== FANTASTIC Unk IT WORKED!

    You're welcome.

    Unk, May 10, 2005