Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Orak Listalavostok, Jul 4, 2004.

  1. Q: How to get Windows Photo Printing Wizard to be an available
    printer?

    What I love about Microsoft WinXP "Photo Printing, and Scanner and
    Camera Wizard" is how wonderfully it fits multiple photos on a page
    when printing.

    What I don't understand about the Windows XP "Microsoft Photo Printing
    and Scanner and Camera Wizard" is HOW TO BRING IT UP when printing
    from photo-viewing software? Microsoft doesn't seem to follow their
    own rules.

    For example, when I print photos in the Windows XP default "Windows
    Picture and Fax Viewer" (by pressing <control + P>), up comes the
    venerable Microsoft WinXP "Welcome to the Photo Printing Wizard".

    Yet, when I print from other photo-viewing software, e.g., from
    Irfanview (http;//www.irfanview.com), I can hit the "Change Printer"
    button, which lists all the available printers, yet, the sacred
    Microsoft Windows Photo Printing Wizard is NOT one of the available
    printers. Shouldn't the photo printing wizard be listed as an
    available printer in the printers and faxes control panel aplet?

    <HELP>
    Does any Windows expert know how to get the Microsoft Windows Photo
    Printing Wizard to be one of the available printers in the "Printers
    and Faxes" control panel aplet so we can print from Irfanview to fit
    multiple images on a page?
    </HELP>

    Orak Listalavostok

    Orak Listalavostok, Jul 4, 2004

  2. (Orak Listalavostok) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Q: How to get Windows Photo Printing Wizard to be an available
    > printer?

    It's easy to add the microsoft photo printing wizard as an iconic
    selection in your windows printing and faxes control panel simply
    press start settings printers and faxes button doubleclick on add new
    printer to add any desired microsoft wizard.

    This makes a shortcut to wiaacmgr.exe I think with a -wizard option or
    somthing like that where you can experiment with the settings by
    adding arbitrary text which will bring up the wizard with your own
    text in the blue banners and text box.

    This works only for microsoft wizards as I have tried to add my own
    picture viewing wizard and it wont work if its not a microsoft picture
    wizard.

    Nicky from staten island

    Windows XP Expert, Jul 5, 2004

  3. (Windows XP Expert) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Orak Listalavostok) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Q: How to get Windows Photo Printing Wizard to be an available
    > > printer?

    > press start settings printers and faxes button doubleclick on add new
    > printer to add any desired microsoft wizard.

    It didn't work. Does this work for anyone else?

    Orak Listalavostok, Jul 7, 2004
  4. (Windows XP Expert) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Orak Listalavostok) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Q: How to get Windows Photo Printing Wizard to be an available
    > > printer?

    > It's easy to add the microsoft photo printing wizard as an iconic
    > selection in your windows printing and faxes control panel simply
    > press start settings printers and faxes button doubleclick on add new
    > printer to add any desired microsoft wizard.

    It didn't work for me either.

    Someone on this NG must know how to bring up the printer wizard.

    Margaret Vonet, Jul 8, 2004
  5. (Margaret Vonet) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Someone on this NG must know how to bring up the printer wizard.

    i was able to get the Windows Printer Wizard in my winxp printer
    control panel. It wasn't easy but after ten minutes of futzing around
    I finally got the icon in my control panel.

    what is nice now is that I can print wallet-sized photos of my entire
    directory and I can print 3x5 or 4x6 or even book-format multi-page
    wide-angle photos simply by selecting the printer as the Microsoft
    Printer Wizard.exe

    i even was able to print all the photos in a web page hierarchy (I
    chose consumer reports as my testcase) using wget to download every
    article with photos and then using this microsoft printer wizard in my
    printer control panel to print wallet-sized photos to PDF of every
    single item on the entire hierarchical web site.

    thanks for the ideas!

    Amanda Lauson

    Amanda Lauson, Jul 10, 2004
  6. Orak Listalavostok

    M Barnes Guest

    Amanda Lauson

    > i was able to get the Windows Printer Wizard
    > in my winxp printer control panel.

    How?

    M Barnes, Jul 10, 2004