WinXP MBR

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Grapefruit Man, Feb 19, 2007.

  1. If I destroyed the MBR in WinXP, how would I fix it?
    Grapefruit Man, Feb 19, 2007

  2. Grapefruit Man

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    Grapefruit Man wrote:
    > If I destroyed the MBR in WinXP, how would I fix it?

    fdisk /mbr
    Sjouke Burry, Feb 19, 2007

  3. knip
    A full new instalation is the only way
    De Zundappmuts
    "Grapefruit Man" <> schreef in bericht
    > If I destroyed the MBR in WinXP, how would I fix it?

    ----
    Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
    Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!
    De Zundappmuts, Feb 19, 2007
  4. Grapefruit Man

    Tee Jay Guest

    Sjouke Burry wrote:
    > Grapefruit Man wrote:
    >> If I destroyed the MBR in WinXP, how would I fix it?
    >>fdisk /mbr

    Boot with XP cd.
    Choose Repair Console
    At the C:\ prompt write fdisk /mbr or Fixboot C:
    Tee Jay, Feb 19, 2007
  5. Grapefruit Man

    Pen Guest

    De Zundappmuts wrote:
    > knip
    > A full new instalation is the only way
    > De Zundappmuts
    > "Grapefruit Man" <> schreef in bericht
    >> If I destroyed the MBR in WinXP, how would I fix it?

    > ----
    > Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
    > 72 spam-mails zijn er tot op heden geblokkeerd.
    > Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!

    This is NOT correct.
    Pen, Feb 19, 2007
  6. Grapefruit Man

    Guest

    On 19 Feb, 18:37, Tee Jay <> wrote:
    > Sjouke Burry wrote:
    > > Grapefruit Man wrote:
    > >> If I destroyed the MBR in WinXP, how would I fix it?
    > >>fdisk /mbr

    > Boot with XP cd.
    > Choose Repair Console
    > At the C:\ prompt write fdisk /mbr or Fixboot C:

    I agree you can do either. But, surely there is a distinction here

    aren't the fixmbr and fixboot commands in the win xp recovery
    console.

    fdisk /mbr is on the win98 CD (or Win98 boot disk).

    well, I know that is the case. But i'm saying that fdisk is not in
    the win xp recovery console - to my recollection.

    (I think the MBR is not dependent on OS, which is the reason why this
    works)
    , Feb 22, 2007