    I have a P4 with Hyperthreading. Would I notice any difference under Pro?

    Thanks,
    Chris
    C.J.Patten, Feb 7, 2005

  2. C.J.Patten

    doS Guest

    No

    doS, Feb 7, 2005

  3. C.J.Patten

    samuel Guest

    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_home_pro.asp

    samuel, Feb 7, 2005
  4. C.J.Patten

    samuel Guest

    "C.J.Patten" <> wrote in

    > I've used both - albeit Pro very briefly.
    >
    > Superficial ones aside, what are the differences between these
    > two?

    another from MS
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/choosing2.mspx

    samuel, Feb 7, 2005
  5. C.J.Patten

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "C.J.Patten" <> wrote in message
    | I've used both - albeit Pro very briefly.
    |
    | Superficial ones aside, what are the differences between these two?
    |
    | I know Pro has a remote desktop function that Home doesn't support.
    | I've heard mention Pro supports multi-processor, Home doesn't.
    |
    | I have a P4 with Hyperthreading. Would I notice any difference under Pro?

    Probably not. For a 'family' PC, I can't see spending the extra. But read
    this web page and decide for yourself:
    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_home_pro.asp
    Toolman Tim, Feb 7, 2005
  6. C.J.Patten

    Plato Guest

    C.J.Patten wrote:

    > I've used both - albeit Pro very briefly.
    >
    > Superficial ones aside, what are the differences between these two?

    about $100

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Feb 8, 2005
  7. C.J.Patten

    Sweet n Sour Guest

    XP Home can not be bound into a domain. That's what
    makes it almost unusable for a company environment.
    Apart from that, there is no big difference.
    Sweet n Sour, Feb 9, 2005
  8. Sweet n Sour, <>, the tattling, stuporous fogey, and
    decorative stitcher, jowled:

    > XP Home can not be bound into a domain.

    True. However...

    > That's what
    > makes it almost unusable for a company environment.
    > Apart from that, there is no big difference.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Yidish the horrifying, Feb 9, 2005